Tuesday, November 8, 2011

S|S: Home Cooked Food

 Saturday|Sunday

Went home for the weekend, finally...and I DID NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH I MISSED MOMMY'S COOKING!
She's an amazing chef and spoiled my family with new dishes for every meal :]
I always appreciated that my mom would never make us eat leftovers and made new food for us every night for dinner, even though I still ate the leftovers for breakfast the next day since it was so good anyway!


Now I don't have that luxury everyday and can only bring food to last me for Monday :[

But here's my amazing menu for the cozy weekend at home! 
It was cold, but being indoors and eating like a queen was fun :]

Saturday Dinner: Brown rice w Cabbage + string bean + shitake mushroom stir-fry and Tofu + seafood + seaweed soup


Sunday Lunch: Egg whites + tomatoes + shrimp stir-fry, Goji berry chicken soup


Matcha green tea for studying 
Popped Rice Cakes


Chef Mommy's Turkey Nem Cuon (Turkey sausage skewer spring rolls) This is traditionally made with pork, but since my dad and I are health conscious eaters, she created a turkey version :]
Vegan Bi Cuon - Traditionally made with pig skin and pork. She used tofu and bean noodles instead and I like it better, so do my arteries :]

Soy Latte for my drive back to LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment