Friday, October 21, 2011

Home Kitchen | Pumpkin Pie Spice




It's still fall here in LA, but the chilly mornings make me wake up like a little girl on Christmas morning, giddy just from the anticipation of winter around the corner! There's just something so cozy about the winter weather, holidays, fashion, FOOD.

Winter is my favorite season, hands down. I love the snow, love the fashion (scarves, layering, boots, coats), love being in a blanket burrito with a big mug of hot cocoa or tea! The fall-->winter holidays are the best because for me, it has always brought family together and family is always at the top of my list. And last but not least, fatties like me must LOVE the FOOD, right?

One of the funnest fall/winter holiday foods for me is Pumpkin Pie Spice. I like to experiment so I'll keep updating this post with things to do with Pumpkin Pie Spice as we FALL into WINTER.

LA weather is a tease with alternating HOT and cool days...so for the warm days, I came up with this Banana Nut Pumpkin Pie Spice Protein Smoothie. Its got that cozy nostalgic association with pumpkin pie spice, but it's cool and refreshing after a good work out on a warm day.



Tool: Magic Bullet (I've been using my roommate's and realize, I NEED ONE OF MY OWN! This thing is so convenient!)

5 Ice cubes (the crescent shaped ones)
1 Banana
1 Vanilla Yogurt Light, Dannon Activia
1 Tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice, Trader Joe's
4-5 Raw walnuts
1 Scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein for Women, Aria




No comments:

Post a Comment